Thank you for your interest in Alberta BC Safety.
Alberta BC Safety is currently seeking a Full-Time Accountant at our Kelowna office located at #4 – 2260 Hunter Road. The incumbent will generally be scheduled to work Monday to Friday, with some flexibility in hours.
Alberta BC Safety is a leading provider of Industrial and Construction Safety training, specializing in training for the Oil Sands industry.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the company’s financial operations with an initial focus on setting up and streamlining accounting procedures.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures and processes
- Perform and/or oversee Accounts Receivable Tasks (Invoicing, collections, purchase order management, bank deposits, etc.)
- Perform and/or oversee Accounts Payable Tasks (Entering bills, reconciling credit cards, expense claims)
- Perform detailed balance sheet reconciliations
- Issue and manage company purchase orders
- Troubleshoot technical issues with software and equipment
- Prepare amortization schedules
- Setup and administer client contracts (review contracts, obtain insurance clearances, etc.)
- Administer (approve/reject) client credit applications
- Run bi-weekly payroll and remit taxes to relevant authorities
- Scan and upload documents to company server
- Prepare financial statements and other financial reports
- Perform year-end preparation and liaise with external accounting firm
- Participate and assist in various audits (WCB, Revenue Canada, etc.)
- Maintain strong communication with management team to assess business needs
- Perform quarterly physical inventory count and reconciliation
The successful applicant will ideally have a minimum of three years’ experience in a mid-level Accounting Position and possess the following:
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Enrollment and advancement in CPA Program (must be advanced beyond CPA PREP portion)
- Proven ability to self-direct work in an unsupervised environment
- Typing speed of 50 WPM (Typing test may be administered)
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is required (A brief test of skills may be administered following interview)
- Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check
Assets (Not Required)
- Completion of CPA program (strongly preferred)
- Familiarity with Oil Sands Industry
- Experience with Sage Intacct
- Supervisory experience
A salary of $65,000 – $80,000 per year based on experience. A benefits package will be provided after three months of employment. If interested, please forward your resume along with a brief cover letter outlining how your background qualifies you for this position to email@example.com.