Telescopic Lift Truck Safety Training
We provide on-site course delivery in Fort McMurray (and area plant sites), Edmonton (and area), Calgary, Saskatoon and Red Deer. Our instructors come to your location to deliver the course equipped with all the necessary materials and computer equipment. Clients need to provide the training facility which must be equipped with power, an operational telescopic lift truck, and enough space to conduct the practical exercises using the telescopic lift truck.
The course is approximately 6-8 hours in duration and includes an instructor led presentation, practical exercises, class discussion, DVD/Video presentation, written knowledge test, and practical exam.
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Legislation and Standards
- Hazard Assessment, Elimination, and Control
- Procedures and Work Practices
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Inspecting the path of travel
- Weather Considerations
- Minimum Safe Approach Distance (MSAD)
- Types of Lift Trucks
- Hazard Designations
- Choosing the right Lift Truck
- Lift Truck Stability (Stability Triangle)
- Load Capacity
- Determining Load Weight
- Operating the Lift Truck – Best Practices
- Load Control
- Refueling / Recharging
Workers must achieve at least 80% on the theory and practical exams in order to pass the course.