OSSA Fall Protection
COURSE DATES AND REGISTRATION
To view upcoming OSSA Fall Protection training dates or register for the course, please click on the appropriate city below. To book on-site training please call us Toll-Free 1 (844) 707-2227.
We provide on-site course delivery in Fort McMurray (and area plant sites), Edmonton (and area), Calgary (and area), Greater Vancouver and Kelowna. Our instructors come to your location to deliver the course equipped with all the necessary fall protection equipment. Clients need to provide the training facility which must be equipped with power and enough space to conduct the practical exercises.
OSSA Fall Protection is approximately eight hours in duration and includes an instructor led presentation, practical exercises, class discussion, DVD presentation, written knowledge test, and practical exam.
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Eliminating fall hazards
- Legislation & standards pertaining to fall protection
- Employer and worker responsibilities
- Recent statistical information, workplace incidents, and the need for training
- Methods of eliminating, analyzing, preventing, and controlling falls
- Rescue and escape planning
- Pre-use visual inspections
- Reporting deficiencies
- Impact forces
- Fall clearance
- Fall protection systems
- Fall protection system components
Students must be capable of performing a controlled weight transfer.