OSSA Elevated Work Platform
COURSE DATES AND REGISTRATION
To view upcoming OSSA Elevated Work Platform training dates or register for the course, please click on the city below. To book on-site training please call us Toll-Free 1 (844) 707-2227.
We provide on-site course delivery in Fort McMurray (and area plant sites), Edmonton (and area), Calgary (and area), Greater Vancouver and Kelowna. Our instructors come to your location to deliver the course equipped with all the necessary fall protection equipment. Clients need to provide the training facility which must be equipped with power, an operational elevated work platform, and enough space to conduct the practical exercises using the aerial lift.
OSSA Elevated Work Platform is approximately eight hours in duration and includes an instructor led presentation, practical exercises, class discussion, DVD presentation, written knowledge test, and practical exam.
Upon successful completion of the OSSA Elevated Work Platform training program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Legislation and standards as pertaining to elevated work platforms
- Recent statistical information, workplace incidents, and the requirement for training
- Elements of pre-work planning
- Conducting a pre-use check and visual inspection
- Employer and worker responsibilities
- Load limitations and calculations
- Machine specific features
- Working from heights
- Platform types
- System components
- Safely operating an elevated work platform in the field
OSSA Fall Protection training is a pre-requisite for OSSA Elevated Work Platform Training, you will be required to present proof of OSSA Fall Protection Training prior to attending this course. Participants must be prepared with their own PPE including: Hardhat, Safety Glasses, and Steel toed boots. ABCS will provide the required fall protection PPE (i.e. harness and lanyard).