Online Rigging and Slinging
This online Rigging and Slinging Safety course covers the regulations, practices, and techniques required to safely sling and rig loads.
Approximately 3 hours.
Testing conducted throughout this course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Supplemental materials necessary to complete this course can be accessed online.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of Safe Slinging and Rigging online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Pre-lift hazard assessments
- Owner, operator, and supervisor responsibilities
- Wire rope construction
- Safety factors and safe working load limits
- Rope and sling inspections
- Hoist line installation procedures
- Types of rigging hitches
- Determining sling types, sizes, and configurations using sling capacity charts
- D/d ratios
- Sling centre of gravity
- Rigging hardware
- Hoist and crane hand signals