COURSE DATES AND REGISTRATION
To view upcoming Fall Protection training dates or register for the course, please click on the appropriate city below. To book on-site training please call us Toll-Free 1 (844) 707-2227.
This Fall Protection course is designed to meet industry standards and is GUARANTEED TO BE ACCEPTED at any site within the province the course was taken.
This courses replaces our former OSSA-approved Fall Protection training course. OSSA no longer accredits Fall Protection training.
The course is approximately eight hours in duration and includes an instructor led presentation, practical exercises, class discussion, DVD presentation, written knowledge test, and practical exam.
We also provide on-site course delivery in Fort McMurray (and area plant sites), Edmonton (and area), Calgary (and area), Greater Vancouver and Kelowna. Our instructors come to your location to deliver the course equipped with all the necessary fall protection equipment. Clients need to provide the training facility which must be equipped with power and enough space to conduct the practical exercises.
For all on-site training inquiries, please email training@
Upon successful completion of the training program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- Eliminating fall hazards
- Legislation & standards pertaining to fall protection
- Employer and worker responsibilities
- Recent statistical information, workplace incidents, and the need for training
- Methods of eliminating, analyzing, preventing, and controlling falls
- Rescue and escape planning
- Pre-use visual inspections
- Reporting deficiencies
- Impact forces
- Fall clearance
- Fall protection systems
- Fall protection system components
- Provision of government issued photo ID
- English language comprehension (spoken and written). All students must be able to speak, read, and write in English in order to attend the course.
- Physically capable of wearing a fall protection harness, attaching to an anchor and completing a controlled weight transfer (lifting feet from the floor and transferring weight to the harness for short duration).
Sample Clip from Course
ABCS is introducing their new 3D character named “Abel Wiseman” who is wearing a full-body harness and shock absorbing lanyard. He is using a cable wrap connected to an I-beam that serves as his anchorage.
Understanding fall clearance, arresting force and free fall distance is key to safely using a personal fall arrest system.
With the assistance of Abel Wiseman, you’ll see how easy it is to calculate your minimum clearance and free fall distance when setting up your fall arrest system.
This 3D animation provides a step-by-step method that explains in simple language how to figure out your clearance and free fall distance without the need for complicated formulas and acronyms.
Free Fall and Clearance Calculator
ABCS has designed and introduced to market the first simple to use, credit card size, flexible device used to calculate your Free Fall Distance and Clearance Required from the anchor when working from heights.
They are exclusively available through ABCS. Call us today!