ARC Flash Awareness
This online course offers a well-rounded approach to the basics of electrical safety and will help increase understanding of the dangers of electricity from both a shock protection and an arc flash point of view.
Approximately 1 hour.
Testing conducted throughout this course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 80% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course twice if the pass mark is not achieved. Supplemental materials necessary to complete this course can be accessed online.
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION:
Upon successful completion of ARC Flash Awareness online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be knowledgeable and/or demonstrate proficiency in:
- What is an arc flash?
- How does an arc flash happen?
- Factors that affect the severity of an arc flash
- Effects of an arc flash on a person
- Introduction to arc flash protection methods
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Labelling of electric equipment
- Arc flash protection boundary
- Electrical approach boundary
- Limited approach boundary
- Restricted approach boundary
- Prohibited approach boundary
- Introduction to the hazard assessment and risk evaluation processes